Customers choose top 100 from field of 20,000 unique wines
San Francisco, CA, December 2, 2015 – Wine.com, the nation’s leading online wine retailer, today announced the ninth annual Wine.com 100. Highlighting the top wines purchased during the first 11 months of 2015, the Wine.com 100 is the industry’s only list based exclusively on consumer preferences. The list reflects the diversity of the Wine.com assortment, featuring 22 different varietals from 31 wine regions in 9 countries. The complete 2015 Wine.com 100 list is available online at www.wine.com/100.
2015 Wine.com 100 highlights:
- From Meiomi to Insignia! This year, one of the fastest growing brands in the wine world moved to the #1 spot – Meiomi 2013 Pinot Noir. As a contrast, the 100th spot went to the 2012 Joseph Phelps Insignia, a top-scoring wine with a price point of $200.
- Classics stay strong – Veuve Clicquot Brut Yellow Label hit #2, its highest spot on the list so far.
- Family-owned well-represented – Schug Winery held their #3 position for the second year in a row.
- Top 10 double take – One wine showed up twice in the top 10 with two separate vintages. Columbia Crest H3 Cabernet Sauvignon 2012 vintage reached the #10 spot while the 2013 landed the #8 spot. The wine offers a tremendous value from a respected wine region.
“In the past year, our customers bought 20,000 unique labels from 4,000 producers making Wine.com the world’s largest wine store,” said Michael Osborn, Founder and VP of Merchandising. “Today we offer more than 4,000 wines from California, 2,000 labels from France, and 1,500 from Italy. Nearly every grape and blend finds a home at Wine.com today, and stocking more than a thousand labels of Cabernets, Pinot Noir, and Chardonnay enables our customers to explore the stylistic differences within these mainstream varietals.”
The 10 most popular sellers on the Wine.com 100 this year:
1. Meiomi 2013 Pinot Noir (California)
2. Veuve Clicquot Brut Yellow Label (France)
3. Schug 2013 Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir (California)
4. Robert Oatley 2013 Signature Chardonnay (Australia)
5. Kaiken Ultra Malbec 2012 (Argentina)
6. Miraval 2013 Rose (France)
8. Columbia Crest 2013 H3 Cabernet Sauvignon (Washington)
9. La Marca Prosecco (Italy)
10. Columbia Crest 2012 H3 Cabernet Sauvignon (Washington)
Wine.com is the nation’s leading online wine retailer, offering selection, guidance and convenience not found in brick and mortar stores. The company provides its customers access to the world’s largest wine store, with live chat wine experts available 7 days a week on its mobile and full websites. With multiple fulfillment centers and the most sophisticated retail wine distribution network in the United States, Wine.com delivers in 1-2 days to most locations, offering date-certain delivery and the convenience of shipping for pickup at over 2,000 FedEx Office locations. The company’s popular StewardShip program provides unlimited wine delivery and exclusive access to new releases for $49 per year. Wine.com’s mission, to inspire the wine lifestyle through innovation, is captured in its brand manifesto video, viewable here.For more information, visit the company’s website at http://www.wine.com.